What Makes an Effective Drip Email Marketing Campaign?
A challenge that many real estate agents struggle with is nurturing their relationship with their leads. In today’s digital age, one of the best ways to keep in contact with your potential clients is through follow-up drip email marketing campaigns.
The Tone of Your Drip Email Marketing Campaigns
You want to be careful though as you don’t want to come across as sales-y, pesky, generic, etc. So, ask yourself if the emails you are sending to your clients would peak your interest? You’ve more than likely been on the receiving end of an automatic email at some point in your life. Did it prompt you to take action? Or, did it feel robotic? A thing to remember is people will ultimately do business with people that they like. This is where some drip email campaigns fall short. They miss the human factor. Your follow-up emails should sound like a real person – and more importantly, they should sound like you!
Buying a new home or selling a home is a huge step in someone’s life. Therefore, they will choose the Realtor they feel a rapport with. This is why you want to be perceived as personable in your communications and provide them with content that answers any questions they might have and helps them reach their goals.
What Content Should You Put in Your Drip Emails?
Here are some examples of follow-up emails that you should be sending:
- The Introduction email – Do NOT overwhelm them with too much information. This email should just be the basics.
- Who you are
- What value you can provide them
- How often they can expect to hear from you (Covering this in the first email can lower the opt out %)
- Setting the Stage – This should be sent about 2-3 days after the original introduction email
- What are the next steps in the buying or selling journey
- Is the anything they would like you to do to assist them
- Value add
- Content Emails – As mentioned earlier, your content should be of value to your client. Things like:
- Community Events
- Sold Listings (if to a seller)
- Market Updates
- Testimonials & Success stories
- Things to watch out for when buying a home
- How to up the market value of a home with quick fixes
- Commonly asked questions
- The Netflix question “are you still watching?” – If after months of emailing them they are still not opted out then they must find your emails of some value. So, subtly ask them if there is something they would like you to be emailing them. Or, if there is something they have found of value that they would like to see more of.
- Call to Actions – As mentioned in our previous post, use those call to actions to drive people to go to your website or even to pick up the phone and call you!
If you would like a consultation on how to improve your internet presence and the engagement with your clients, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay tuned for more on how to get all of your marketing campaigns revved up!